REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Somatic Intelligence Immersion. Building Connection and Healing Through the Body. Wednesdays 12:15 - 2:15 pm
Module 1. 6 Sessions:
In Module 1 we will explore the body from a bottom up approach, beginning with an introduction to proprioception and interoception, and how this applies to movement. Each class we will explore somatically a designated section of the body using a variety of props (including bands, therapy balls, sand bags and weights), to increase our kinesthetic ability, improve mobiity, reduce pain, build resilience and strength and learn nervous system regulating tools to decrease stress, anxiety and depression.
This Series is divided in modules that explore the body from a mutidisciplinary lens, connecting Somatic Experiencing, Yoga and other movement and brain based modalities, in order to reveal the expression of resilience, vitality, strenght, ease, relaxation and wellbeing that’s inherent to all of us.
Our body and brain are an orchestra that is actually quite perfect and elegant. If only we wouldn't judge our process as something negative and see it as an adaptation to what we have been doing the most.
Who is this immersion suited for?
• Yoga, fitness, health and movement teachers that want to get inspired and add successful skills to their toolbox
• Bodyworkers, PTs, Nurses, Caregivers, etc, ready to learn a wider approach to movement and trauma, understand the role of the brain and nervous system in the body’s ability to recover resiliency, decrease pain and increase mobility
• Anybody wanting to learn about the way the nervous system works and find ways to enhance their regulatory skills
• People wanting to improve their performance from a trauma informed perspective.
• Those wanting to get moving after rehab from injuries or from stagnancy, decrease pain and increase ease of movement with stability and strength.
• Teachers, trainers and trainees that want to learn functional, brain-based and scientifically proven ways to explore human enhancement
• Older folks or anybody looking for increasing their mobility and neurological abilities, including visual, balance and movement skills
• People ready to take their sport or hobby to the next level
What will I learn?
This immersion will allow you to connect the dots in between the fields of somatics, neurology and movement, and how they interrelate in human performance, health, emotionally and neurologically, learning some of the most progressive and effective approaches to movement, brain performance and trauma interventions currently available.
What do I need to bring?
Bring a mat
You can get Yoga Alliance Continuing Ed (YACEP) hours.
$180 Before September 1. Includes a small manual, $210 afterwards. I also always give sliding scale and scholarships to students highly motivated and willing to demostrate a commitment to the series. Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your case, your need for sliding scale or scholarship. I will respond as soon as possible.
$40 drop in (restricted by space availability)